Wednesday, Oct 22, 2014
Skor Bars. Highly addicting and a sure fire way to impress and make friends at a party.
In the circles I roll with, Skor Bars are my signature. They always have people raving. I brought them to a baby shower the other night because the hostess asked if someone would be willing to bring an extra snack. I whipped them up fast as lightning and she was so glad I did! Everyone else at the party was thrilled too. The fact they were devoured within 20 minutes of my arrival was kind of a give away.
Seriously, these lovelies are incredibly simple to make. Without a doubt, it is the easiest dessert that has graced my kitchen and is always my go to recipe when needed most. There's only 4 ingredients and I do my best to ensure they are stocked at all times. Butter, brown sugar, soda crackers, and chocolate chips. How can you go wrong?
Now there's no need to freak out when you forget about a dessert you were supposed to bring or your eyes are burning from browsing Pinterest for the perfect recipe. This is a one-stop, easy-peasy, ready in 10 minutes (not including freezing time), recipe you'll forever be grateful I shared with you. ;)
Skor Bars Recipe
1 sleeve of soda crackers
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Arrange crackers on a greased baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together on medium to high heat. Continue stirring until well mixed and starting to bubble.
3. Pour over crackers and spread evenly.
4. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and rearrange crackers. Pour chocolate chips over top. They will melt automatically. Spread evenly and carefully.
5. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
6. Break into pieces and enjoy!
So go ahead and craft these pieces of heaven for the next event you attend. I'm sure you'll be the talk of the town by the end of it.